The majority of the Museum’s collections are on exhibit or in storage at the Carnegie Gallery. This building was designed as a Carnegie Library, built between 1909 and 1911 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The collections found inside include approximately two-thousand photographs and negatives portraying the area’s maritime heritage, the local fishing industry, commercial and residential town scenes, club activities, farming activities, local scenery and portraits of prominent city citizens.
In addition, the Museum houses a collection of six-hundred charts and maps. This collection includes a large number of railroad maps, town plats, nautical charts and an extensive collection of fish trap maps.
A large number of ship’s plans can also be found in the Museum, including approximately one-hundred and fifty plans of the W.T. PRESTON and one-hundred plans of other snagboats.


This site is ©1997 How It Works, Inc. All Rights Reserverd.
Email any problems to the Webmaster