Anacortes in 1890


Though named Squaw Harbor, Ship Harbor and The Magic City at various times, the town was named Anacortes in 1879 in honor of Anna Curtis Bowman, wife of Amos Bowman who developed and founded the town.

   

 

 
This site is ©1997 How It Works, Inc. All Rights Reserverd.
Email any problems to the Webmaster